Bellsoft Technologies Pty Ltd is committed to providing you with a reliable, robust, and secure internet experience. We are also committed to guarding your privacy and personal information. We have obligations to protect your privacy under various Federal Government acts, including the Telecommunications Act 1997 and the Privacy Act 1998.
What information do we collect?
Bellsoft collects personal information from you that is necessary for it to perform its functions, set out below:
- Your name, address and contact details;
- Records of electronic communications between you and Bellsoft relating to services provided by Bellsoft to you;
- Information obtained as a result of authorised credit checks
- Billing information;
- Records of the website access
- Records of your Internet usage (see below for more details);
Internet usage records
These records comprise:
- If you use our mail server to send or receive emails the origin and destination of emails to and from your account and their size. These records are kept for a 10 days by defualt in case you have a question about whether your email account is working properly, and to enable us to enforce our policy against spam email. The contents of emails are not kept after you have downloaded them, and can only be disclosed to law enforcement agencies;
- IP address for each internet connection session provided by geo-location services.
- Server Logs and the time and date they were uploaded or downloaded. The files themselves stay on the servers until you delete them or cease to be a customer.
How Internet Usage Records are Recorded
- Our computers generate these records. We can also use them to troubleshoot internal problems.
How Internet Usage Records are Disclosed
- In addition to any other permitted disclosures under this policy, internet usage records will only be disclosed:
- (a) to you in the course of resolving an issue about services provided to you; and
- (b) to law enforcement agencies who appear to us to have a warrant or to have followed another statutory procedure that authorises us to disclose them, or as authorised by any law.
How does Bellsoft collect personal information?
When you first buy a service from us we will collect certain mandatory information from you such as your name (and in case of company applications the name of the directors of the company) and contact details. Your use of the service will generate usage and billing information which is automatically collected by our systems. We may also collect information from third parties such as:
- Credit providers or credit reporting agencies contacted by us (or by external service providers on our behalf) in the course of carrying out a credit check.
- Other entities who provide services to us related to the provision of services provided to you.
- Government agencies which administer laws regulating telecommunication service providers, or complaint resolution processes established under those laws.
How do we use your personal information?
Bellsoft respects your privacy. As a result, Bellsoft does not trade, rent or sell your personal information or corporate information. The primary purpose for which we use your personal information is to provide you with the services you have purchased from us. In the course of providing an internet service to you we may also use your personal information for related purposes including the following:
- Provisioning and connecting your service.
- Credit checking.
- Providing you with customer service.
- Billing you for that service.
- Investigating and resolving complaints and faults in relation to your service.
- Following up and payments you owe us.
We may also use your personal information to tell you about our other products and services provided by Bellsoft in conjunction with either our related bodies corporate or our business partners or associates. In delivering some services, Bellsoft contracts out some various works to external service providers. Bellsoft may disclose personal information held by it to these organisations, but only to the extent to allow those services to be delivered. Bellsoft may disclose your personal information to other telecommunications service and equipment providers, Bellsoft’s related corporate bodies, credit providers, credit reporting agencies, organisations to whom Bellsoft outsources services and domain registrars located locally or overseas.
Access to Personal Information
Generally, you have the right to see or obtain a copy of personal information about you that we may hold. Bellsoft will handle requests for access to personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles. We do not provide such information on the phone and a written request may be sent to admin [at] Bellsoft.com.au . We will respond to your request within 28 days. Depending on the information you request, and how long it takes us to compile it, and respond to your request, we may charge you for the administrative costs of providing the information to you. There may be rare circumstances in which we may refuse to give you access to your personal information where giving you access:
- would have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy.
- would prejudice any negotiations we are having with you.
- would prejudice an investigation of unlawful activity, or activities by law enforcement agencies.
- would prejudice billing you for that service.
If you believe that we hold personal information about you that you consider to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date you should tell us by emailing us. We will amend any inaccurate, incomplete or out of date information.
How do we protect your personal information?
High technology is used to ensure that your sensitive information is secure and protected from un-authorised access or improper use.
From time to time, it may be necessary for us to review our Privacy Awareness Policy. We reserve the right to amend our Privacy Awareness Policy at any time and to notify you by posting an updated version on the Bellsoft Technologies website www.bellsoft.com.au
Privacy officer contact information
Customer Accounts Bellsoft Technologies Pty Ltd
P.O. Box 2722 North Parramatta NSW 1750
Phone: 1300 553 374
Email: info [at] Bellsoft.com.au
Further Information You can obtain further information on privacy principles by visiting the Australian Privacy Commissioners webpage at http://www.privacy.gov.au